Believe it or not, the first book that inspired my journey towards a relationship with God was “The Secret”. I found this law of attraction so fascinating! Selfishly at first, I began to declare all of these material things into my life, and it worked!
As I began to spread the excitement of my findings with friends, one took me aside and said the words that would profoundly change the course of my life forever: “Alex, the law of attraction is correct, just make sure you know who you’re asking of these things. Give credit to where credit is due. God is this “universe” the book speaks of.”
That’s where my journey of knowing God more began.
So many qualities of God I love, but one of the top is His want and desire to give us everything we ask for. He’s a good good father. Don’t you want to give your children what that ask for?
And one of the ways we communicate in prayer and meditation is by speaking truth about ourselves…affirmations.
An affirmation is usually a sentence or phrase that you repeat regularly to make a formal declaration to yourself and God of your intention for it to be the truth.
While some may say it is akin to “fake it until you make it,” I see it a bit more like holding the vision of what I know can be true.
Mark 11:22-24 says
And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Tricks for Successful Application
These are declarations I make almost every morning, OUTLOUD to myself.
I have them saved on a Google Doc so I can always edit them. The Google Doc is hyperlinked on my phone’s desktop so I can access it every morning. Finally, I have a calendar reminder set for 8am everyday to open the file and read out the affirmations.
Affirmation Ideas you Can Use
- This is my due season year!
- My vision is so strong that it pulls me to my goals.
- I am peaceful in my body, heart, and soul.
- I easily see the lesson or the blessing in all that is.
- Every day, I offer gratitude, trust and faith for everything that happens in my life.
- I am authentic and present.
- I am successful in everything I attempt.
- I am a magnet for money and abundance.
- Love, wisdom, and discernment coexist in my heart.
- Deep love is my birthright.
- When faced with two choices, I always take the higher path.
- I am guided by God.
- I am energetic and strong.
- I see the best in everyone and they in me.
- I focus on what God’s already done for me
- I am a great leader, husband, father, entrepreneur, business owner, guidance counselor, consultant, investor, accountant, CrossFit athlete, chess player, salesperson, marketing strategist, identity authority, branding expert
- Success is my duty, my obligation, my responsibility
- My father is the richest man on earth and I work for Him. I am taken care of. I am wealthy. I have a Millionaire Mind. I use my wealth and power for the benefit of others.
- I always choose the Voice of Faith and Victory
- I have heavy favor – prayer, persistence, patience
- My great purpose in my business is to give God glory, receive and reflect his love, and act as his agent in bringing benefit to the lives of other people.
- I live in the spirit and allow God to be the judge.
- I traverse new rivers knowing God goes before me
- I worship and shout praises knowing that God paves the way
- The spirit is the boss of my life. I reach my highest potential in life because i’m good at saying no to my flesh and yes to my spirit.
- I am passionate to my followers.
- My second touch is here
What aaffirmations do you declare?